Causes of Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spur Pain
What is Plantar Fasciitis ?
Plantar fasciitis is a very painfull condition that causes pain in the bottom of the heel and pain in sole of the foot. The plantar fascia is a thick, weblike ligament that connects your heel to the front of your foot. It supports the arch of your foot and helps you walk and run.
Common questions are plantar fasciitis and heel spurs the same ?
The difference between plantar fasciitis and heel spurs is where the main source of the pain. Pain from plantar fasciitis is typically felt in the arch of the foot and the heel due to overuse of the plantar fascia. Heel spurs, or tiny jagged calcium deposits on the heel bone, develop in response to the trauma to the plantar fascia and are situated at the heel.
Plantar Fasciitis can cause the following problems if not treated quickly and correctly, this is caused because the weaker leg will take more strain when walking :
- Knee and Leg Pain
- Thigh Pain
- Hip Pain
- Shin Pain
Plantar fasciitis is by far one of the most common complaints for the feet. Your plantar fascia ligaments experience a lot of wear and tear in your daily life. They act like shock absorbers, supporting the arch of the foot. Too much pressure on your feet can damage or tear the ligaments; the plantar fascia becomes inflamed, and the inflammation causes heel pain and stiffness. Hence the pain really then begins !
What causes plantar fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis will occur at a higher rate if you’re overweight or obese. This is because of the increased pressure on your plantar fascia ligaments. Women who are pregnant often experience bouts of plantar fasciitis, particularly during late pregnancy.
If you’re a runner, you may be more likely to develop plantar fascia problems. You’re also at risk if you have a very active job that involves being on your feet often. Men and women who are active between the ages of 40 and 70 are at the highest risk for developing plantar fasciitis. It’s also slightly more common in women than men.
Click here for helpfull excercises for Plantar Fasciitis
- What is that pain in my heel
- Should I Walk with Foot Pain
- How to Treat Ankle Pain
- 10 Best Exercises of Plantar Fasciitis
- Do Compression Socks Help Foot Pain
- Do Insoles Work for Foot Pain
- Best Stretches for Plantar Fasciitis
- 5 Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
- Do Back Posture Braces Actually Work
- Foot pain from walking
- Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
- Pain in heel of foot after Running
- Treatment for Pain in arch of foot
- Pain on top of foot
- Mortons neuroma treatment
- How to remove an Ingrown Toenail
- Foot Heel Spur Pain
- Sore Foot in the Morning
- Suffer Heel Pain in the Morning ?
- Start a running routine
- Running through Fatigue
- Best Achilles Tendonitis and Ankle Excercises
- Causes of Achilles Tendonitis and Ankle Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis Cure and Treatment
- Best Plantar Fasciitis Products
- Causes of Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spur Pain
- Best Plantar Fasciitis Excercises